CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 14, 2008

Tortillas!!

So, not that I am anyway Martha Stewart, but in one of Gracie's books there was a recipe to make tortillas. It seemed easy enough, and looked pretty fun. So we tried it! And let me tell you, nothing tastes as good as a hot, fresh, homemade tortilla. Now, for those of you that have had tortillas in Mexico or in Old Town near San Diego, these are probably not quite the same, but compared to the cold ones in the grocery store, YUMMY!! And, only 4 ingredients that I can even pronounce. So relatively healthy. Anyway, she enjoyed them, I enjoyed letting go and letting her get messy, and the result was delicious!!


Gracie rolling out the dough...she really got into it.


cooking one in a pan...yum! Even Minnie was enjoying it!

Lunch, yum!!!

4 comments:

Begin to Breathe said...

mmmm...with butter! or a side of beans, cheese and cinnimon twists :)
Exquisite lunch yesterday by the way! So now i need to sample one of her famous cupcakes AND her homemade tortillas...the talent i tell ya!
thanks for the sweet compliments you posted for me...love your new page :)

xoxo
jess

Our Three Peas said...

Very cute page!! You did great! The cooking fun you and Gracie had looks like so much fun! I second Jess I would love to try one of those!

Love,
Ash :)

The Miller Clan said...

I love homemade tortillas, we used to have them all the time! I'll have to tell you about the first time I tried to make them by myself! Remind me on Sunday and I'll tell you the FUNNY story! I could go for a hot one right now! BTW, your page is very cute! SEe you Sunday!
J

Anonymous said...

gracie is adorable!