CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Gracie's first day of Pre-K!!





Well, it is official!! My baby is in "school!" OK, so it is pre-K and it is only 3 days a week, but to me, right now, my baby is in school!!! She has started school at our local community center 3 mornings a week (m,w,f) from 9-12pm. They will be learning all sorts of fun things - numbers, letters, writing, reading, telling time, calendars, and my favorite, how to work together and be with other kids. Gracie has proven to Brian and I that she needs constant activity and challenges. That was a bit of a challenge to mommy, so thank goodness for this program!! She already made two new friends today, and is in class with one of her bestest friends, Preston. She was so glad to go today and see him and her teachers. Afterwards, I picked her up and we headed off to McDonald's for a treat....yogurt parfait, her fave!! That last picture is her just enjoying her special "4 year old" treat. (Her favorite new saying....I am a 4 year old now, ...) Happy first day of school to all you kiddos out there, and happy end of summer to all you mommies!!

3 comments:

Begin to Breathe said...

hey there...to one of my favorite mommies!

yes...let's do 'it's a grind' friday!! we can try to rope ash in too, but she might be in the classroom.
what a big girl your gracie is...love that kid!
call me...
jess

Jen said...

She looks so grown up! I bet you enjoy the "down" time while she's there, too! Hope you are feeling good and taking care of yourself!
Love you,
Jen

Unknown said...

so cute!! Caleb started preschool at 18 mo (special program for kids with hearing loss)...but has always loved it, and it makes them so much more enjoyable at home because they have an outlet for all that energy....and the stories she'll tell you....get out your pen and paper....they will be gems!!