CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Jori's new adventure

Well, it has been almost 10 years since I graduated from college and I am still not a teacher! LOL!! I have been in retail, the beauty arena, banking, parenting, and wifery. (Is that a word??) I have loved the last two, of course, and the other three have left me wanting. I decided, after much counseling with a friend (thanks Court), that I would go "back to school." I enrolled in Wilton's cake decorating classes and fell in love! I then enrolled in a professional pastry chef program here at a local cooking school, and am one week in and am loving it!! I am anxious to see where this new found passion will take me. The following are some of my assignments and finally, my creation for Brian's graduation party. I will keep you all posted, and if a shopping site is ever available, I will let you all know!!! ;o) Sweet dreams to all!!!
My first cake creation. I learned to do the "Wilton Rose" It needs some work, but it sure is tasty to mess up!!
Another assignment cake...learned different tips and techniques.
My final project for my last class. The flowers are made out of royal icing and are all edible. The birds are also made out of icing and you can eat them. This cake is also basket weaved around the sides...I hate basket weave!! But I passed and learned, so I guess it was worth it! :o)

My creation for Brian's graduation. The bottom of the hat is cake covered in fondant. The top is fondant and I piped "Class of 2009" around it...the tassel is Brian's actual tassel. He loved it, and that is what was important!! Fun to do, for sure!! By the way, my hands are still blue!! Here I am, surrounded by my creations. The cake is center, and all around are cupcakes that I made, filled, and frosted. They were chocolate and orange cupcakes with a smooth butter cream filling and frosting flavored with a hint of orange. Some are topped with little grad caps I made out of sugar frosting. It was a labor of love, and he loved it...and they tasted yummylicious!!! Now to just think of a name for the bakery....HA HA

3 comments:

Our Three Peas said...

Very very cute!!! Love the apron too! ;)

Jen said...

You are so talented!! I love your work!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jori! It's Maggie! Would love to catch up!